Senior Art Program
"Art wakes us up: To make art we must fully enter the present moment by becoming keenly aware through our senses. As we become present we can experience a state of "flow" - the antidote to being "stuck"."
Kendra L. Earls has worked for 6 years with seniors living with Alzheimer's and dementia using art as a way for them to discover new abilities and find a new purpose for life. The arts is a great way for seniors to reconnect to themselves and others sharing the same experience.
Benefits of art for those living with Alzheimer's and dementia:
- Art has a soothing affect on individuals and a beautiful form of self expression.
- It focuses on their existing strengths.
- Helps individuals become more engaging.
- Provides a medium of communication.
- The arts allow theirs senses to be stimulated.
- It increases concentration, socialization, self esteem, alertness and evokes positive feelings.
Many of my services are provided through Action on Alzheimer's and Dementia. Website: www.alzbermuda.com